2016 Harvest Share
C.S.A. (Community Supported Agriculture)
Obtain wholesome, pesticide-free food for your family and buy locally and support small farms that sell directly to consumers through Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Harvest Share programs. CSA allows you to enjoy a weekly share of the farm’s produce throughout the seasons.
Our fresh vegetables are grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers or herbicides on our 222-year-old Bicentennial Farm (Since 1793).
Rich in history,…still dirt poor.:)
We strive to be good stewards of the land by using sustainable and organic farming methods to ensure the health of the farm and our local community.
We use NO pesticides, herbicides, or commercial fertilizers on our gardens or hay-fields. We want to prevent herbicide, pesticide, and nitrate contamination of our spring and the stream running through the farm and protect our soils.
Harvest Share: Each farm does it a little differently, but the general idea is that customers commit to a full season’s worth of vegetables, then receive a weekly box with their share of the harvest. By paying upfront they give the farmers money for seasonal startup costs. In return, you receive fresh produce at the peak of the season and save money over grocery store prices, and the additional satisfaction of knowing exactly who & where your food comes from and where your money goes.
This year’s CSA offers three seasons of produce.
• Spring season – Spring season vegetables include: Sugar Snap Peas, Scallions, Spinach, 3 types of Kale, Watercress, several varieties of Lettuces, Swiss Chard, Carrots, Asparagus, Squash Blossoms and Broccoli.
• Summer season – Summer season vegetables include: Beans, Beets, Onions, Zucchini, Squash, many variety of heirloom Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Herbs, Carrots, new Potatoes (gold, red, blue) , Sweet Corn, Sweet and Hot Peppers.
• Fall season – Fall season vegetables include: Garlic, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Peas, Green and Yellow Beans, Herbs, Carrots, Beets, Lettuces, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Kales, Leeks, Onions, Arugula, Parsley,Soybeans, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Eggplant, Winter Squash, and Pumpkins.
• Seasonal items – These are extras we include occasionally when available.
Jams, mushrooms (shiitake & oysters), honey.
• Whole season (22 weeks)
Full share(family) – $540
couple share – $400
Begins May 21 and runs through October 20th, excluding the week of July 1st – July 8th)
Full amount can be split into 2 payment if necessary.
10% discount for returning customers.
**Late Season share may also be available depending on the season.
You may pick your share up at:
– North Atherton Farmers’ Market
Saturdays 10am – 2pm
(first pickup May 21 . Last pick up Oct 18th)
Clan Stewart Farm
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Please send checks to:
Clan Stewart Farm
12801 Guyer Rd
Petersburg PA 16669